Monday, April 9, 2012

PIn #22 Navajo Tacos

Inspiration Pin

These are such a yummy twist on a typical taco. They are a little more labor intensive because you have to make the dough and fry it up, but man the flavor is fantastic. I always like to save a few pieces of dough to fry up and smear with butter and honey for desert. 

Originally, I wanted to try and make the taco dough from scratch, but my laziness won over and I decided to use Rhodes rolls instead. I bought the Texas sized frozen rolls and let them thaw on the counter. You don't really want them to raise.

Stretch them out using your fingers and them place them in oil that is 350 degrees.

Fry them until golden brown and then let them drain a bit a paper towel lined plate

Then load them with all whichever taco toppings you love and eat up

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I loooove navajo tacos! My mom used to make them when we were kids. I saw you pin this and I have been craving them since. Yours look delicious! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete