Monday, March 5, 2012

Pin #18 Brownies Fail 2.0

Inspiration Pin
 Picture from Mel's Kitchen

My Mom and sister were down this past weekend while our husbands went to  Portland Trailblazers game. We decided we needed some treats and so I went trolling Pinterest for ideas. I found these and lucky for us, I had bought some Andes mints the day before. Little A and my Mom helped me whip up the brownie batter, and then we waited impatiently for them to bake. 

Sadly, here is how they turned out:

Before I even tasted them, I could tell these brownies did not look right.They were flat but weirdly fluffy at the same time. You couldn't really see the Andes mints like in the beautiful picture above. There was no yummy crust on top either. I think these easily fit into the Pinterest Fail category. Don't get me wrong, they were still chocolaty and minty but the texture was all wrong. I think I might have over mixed the batter. It said to "Blend well" but I think I whipped those eggs a little too much. Oh well. I think next time I will just add some Andes mints to brownies from a box.

1 comment:

  1. That's a bummer! I totally would have used a box mix. I love the Duncan Hines ones.

    ReplyDelete