Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pin #19 Apple Blossums

Inspiration Pin
 

I love easy recipes that only require a few ingredients, and I love it even more when I have those few ingredients in my cupboard when I find the recipe. I saw this these yummy cherry blossoms using Pepperidge Farms puff pastry dough, and realized that I had some in my freezer. I also had pie filling in my cupboard too, except it was apple instead of cherry. On a side note, I don't really love cherry pie filling. I realized the other day that I don't like real cherries in my chocolates, milkshakes, or pies however, the cherry Lifesavers, Starburst, and Mike and Ikes are my favorite candies. Strangely enough, I love to eat real strawberries but hate hate hate strawberry flavored candy. It is always too sweet. Anyway, back to the blossoms.  I got out my apple pie filling and my puff pastry dough and whipped these up just because I could. 

After taking some pictures, I realized that cherry filling does have some positives. That red cherry color pops like crazy inside those blossoms and in my version, the apple pie filling is pretty blah blah blah. Oh well! They tasted fantastic.





Obviously, I did not pinch them enough and they opened up a lot more than the cherry ones but again, they were yummy anyway and I guess that is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering! I need to make some! Im not a cherry pie fan either, I would do apple or raspberry. It is kind of a mini version of the strudel my mom makes at Christmas every year.

    ReplyDelete