Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pin #11 Biscuit Donuts

Inspiration Pin
20110126-127677-SS-Donut-Step3-Small.jpg
from the Sweets section on Serious Eats

I am a little bit afraid of yeast. I have tried a few yeasty recipes but I am always nervous that they won't rise or that they'll sink. I think I need to do some yeast research so I won't be so nervous to bake with it. Anyway, I have always wanted to make donuts from scratch but decided that I wasn't up to the yeast battle this morning. I have seen a few variations of this recipe on Pinterest and so wanted to see how they tasted. I mean, in the end it is fried dough and so it is bound to taste good, but I don't always love the canned biscuit flavor. 

Here's how they turned out:  




They were a huge hit with the family. I wasn't 100% sold. I could still taste the biscuity flavor underneath. I think I will just have to buck up and try a homemade donut recipe. Once I figure yeast a little better, I want to try dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls, beignets, and some homemade bread. I'll let you know how they turn out.

1 comment:

  1. I was always afraid of bread and recipes that require yeast too. It always seemed so tricky, but then I tried homemade bagels and I was surprised at how easy they were! You should give it a try! Practice makes perfect :)

    ReplyDelete