Monday, February 27, 2012

Pin #14 Haircuts at Home

Inspiration Pin

My husband convinced me to start cutting his hair a year or two ago. I've gotten more confident with each haircut, but my husband's hair is curly and pretty forgiving if my snips are quite even. Our son J has stick straight hair that shows every bad cut and uneven spot. I tried to cut his hair a few times when he was little, but gave up because it always looked patchy. Well, I found a couple of really good haircut tutorials on Pinterest and decided to give J's hair another shot. Plus his hair had gotten so crazy shaggy that it had to be done.

Here he is pre-haircut...
 He is normally a happy child but was doing his serious Storm Trooper face

So I finished his hair right before bed and forgot to take a picture.  Well lucky for me, he decided the next morning that I hadn't cut enough off and took matters into his own hands. Here's how that turned out:

He couldn't have cut that part any closer to his hair line! It was not easy to fix. In fact, I made a pretty big error right a way and tried to even out that front part. I came to my senses though and finished up the rest of his hair with clippers. I had to use a 1/4" on the back and 5/8" on the top. Poor guy looks like a totally different kid now to me now.  Hopefully he has learned his lesson, and I know I definitely learned mine and will keep the scissors up high.


 

1 comment:

  1. He is still adorable! Trying to fix those "self haircuts" is so hard! Kirsten did a number on her hair a few months ago :)

    ReplyDelete