Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pin #7 Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies

The Original Pin
My Attempt:
 I was so excited about this recipe. Mini Eggs are my favorite Easter candy, and to mix them with brownies sounds like heaven on earth. I saw this pin and went out looking for Cadbury Mini Eggs the next day. It took me a week to find them, but yesterday my grocery store started putting out the Easter candy. I wasn't planning on making them today. I was supposed to make a chocolate cheesecake for my husband for his Valentine's present. This cheesecake is a labor of love and takes most of the day to cook, cool, and make the topping. Well,  I forgot to start the cheesecake until half way through the day and when I realized that I forgot, I couldn't find the recipe. Of course, it's not the type of recipe you can find online either. So, I decided to try these brownies in the hope that I could salvage my otherwise failed Valentine's Day present. The brownies looked great going in the oven, but I can honestly say that I wasn't that impressed when I tasted them. I was expecting the eggs to be a melted gooey mess inside the brownie, but they weren't. I think I will eat my mini eggs uncooked from now on and use chocolate chips the next time I want gooey brownies. What a Valentine's bummer.

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad :( Maybe the candy coating kept the mini eggs from getting melty?

    ReplyDelete