Friday, February 10, 2012

Pin #3 Messenger Bag

Inspiration Pin
My Version

I sew a little, but not that well. In fact, after tackling this project, I think I might need to take some classes.  My amazing sisters-in-law are both really good at sewing and both have made their own purses and bags. I really wanted to make my self a messenger bag and saw this awesome tutorial on Pinterest. The pictures were great and the instructions were easy to understand. Here's were my lack of sewing skills came into play. I made the seams a little small, which might be okay with the felt fabric used in the tutorial, but it was epically bad with the easily frayed canvas material I chose. Next time I am going to try and copy the fabric as well as the instructions. So there are some spots on my bag where the fabric has frayed a bit, but at this point, I am calling it a sewing victory anyway. Once I fix my machine, I think I will try a purse.



No comments:

Post a Comment